Pediatric Dental Crowns
Your child’s teeth can be damaged through a number of different ways, and Dr. Shalini Shah and our team want to help you keep your child’s smile intact. At A Kids Dentist, we offer tooth colored and stainless steel pediatric dental crowns in Huntington Beach, California. To see if this treatment is right for your child’s smile, call 714-379-7755 and schedule a visit with our dentist.
Children’s teeth are at great risk for developing cavities. Even though baby teeth are temporary, they play a vital role in your child’s smile and should receive proper care. When your child’s baby teeth are severely decayed, fillings are unlikely to be an effective treatment. Instead, our dentist may recommend a stainless steel dental crown. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends stainless steel and tooth-colored dental crowns as the treatment of choice for children with extensive tooth decay or who have received a pulpotomy (a root canal procedure for primary teeth).
A stainless steel crown provides many benefits, including:
- Inexpensive treatment
- Complete protection for the affected tooth
- Little to no tooth sensitivity following treatment
- Reduced likelihood of retreatment
- Greater success than fillings in children younger than age 4
- Children who need general anesthesia are more easily treated
- Effective space maintainers — in fact, stainless steel crowns are often used as attachments for space maintainers
Our dentist and team are committed to providing your child with the best possible treatments to help them develop strong smiles and enjoy long-term oral health. We invite you to contact our office today for more information about stainless steel dental crowns for baby teeth and to make an appointment with our dentist.